Đoạn hội thoại sau của Julia và Helen nói về cách nhà Helen đã kiếm tiền như thế nào. Bài tập này yêu cầu bạn nghe đoạn hội thoại và điền từ còn thiếu vào các chỗ trống.
- You have a lovely ___1___, Julia.
- Thank you, Helen. I’m like my mother. We’re "home-lovers".
- And you have a a very nice garden with a big swimming-pool!
- Yes, I love ___2___ and green grass. I also like to swim because it’s good for my __3___.
- For the moment, we only have a flat with a TV, but we plan to buy a house.
- Does your ___4___ have a good job now?
- Yes he does. At last, George has a very ___5___ business and he earns a lot of money.
- What kind of business does he have?
- He manufactures fruit-machines for __6____ and bars in the town.
- Is it his own business?
- Yes. He invents all the games and ___7___ the machines. He has a lot of ___8___.
- And is it a good business?
- The business isn’t bad, but we make a lot of money because I play on all the machines he sells. I know all the tricks, so I always win.
- Oh, that’s ___9___.
- No, it’s simple. He’s the salesman and I’m the ___10___.
- Oh, what a good combination!
- Yes, it’s perfect, but don’t tell anybody.
- Don’t worry, I won’t.
- We will soon be able to buy a house like ___11___. We will invite you for ___12___.
- Great! I look forward to it.
Xem đáp án tại đây.
Y Vân (theo Abaenglish)